How Do I?

Access Needed Services

    Free or Low-cost Health Insurance with Medi-Cal

    Help buying groceries with CalFresh Food

    Have meals delivered to your home with Home-delivered Meal Program

    Enjoy a hot meal with other older adults at a Congregate Meal Site

    For Families with Dependent Children with CalWORKs

    For Adults without Dependent Children with General Assistance

    For People over 16 on CalFresh Food Looking for a Job with CalFresh Employment & Training

    For Adults on CalWORKs Looking for a Job with CalWORKs Employment Services

    Public Assistance Collections accepts payments for public assistance and welfare debts such as CalWORKs, CalFresh (Food Stamps), General Assistance, CAPI, Adoption Assistance, Foster Care, and IHSS Provider overpayments.

    Visit the Public Assistance Collections web page

    Find Family Support

      The county of Santa Clara provides compensation, respite, and training in support of resource families. Visit the support and assistance homepage to learn more.

      Resource Family Support & Assistance

      Find Support Services for Youth and Families

        Transitioned Age Youth (TAY) services and programs connect youth ages 16 to 24 to opportunities, experiences, and supports to propel them to self-sufficiency.

        Independent Living Program (ILP)​

        Housing Services

        Career Development Employment Services

        Educational Services

        Calendar, Events, & Announcements

        Make a Report

          To report suspected child abuse please contact the Child Abuse and Neglect Center (CANC). The Child Abuse and Neglect Center screens calls 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year.

          Child Abuse & Neglect Center Phone Numbers
          San Jose Area: (408) 299-2071
          Gilroy / Morgan Hill Area:(408) 683-0601
          Palo Alto Area:(650) 493-1186

          Information for mandated reporters

          Recognize Abuse

          Find out what happens when DFCS receives a report about possible abuse or neglect

          To report suspected abuse of an older adult or dependent adult, contact Adult Protective Services. The hotline is available 24 hours per day, seven days a week, 365 days a year.

          Elder/Dependent Adult Abuse 24 Hour Reporting
          (408) 975-4900 | (800) 414-2002 (CA only)

          Information for mandated reporters

          To report suspected fraud or abuse of any public assistance programs, please contact:

          SSA Special Investigations Unit
          (408) 755-7175
          [email protected]

          Medi-Cal Fraud
          Department of Health Care Services
          (800) 822-6222

          Women and her mom hugging
          Man with his daughter
          Women playing with their dog

          ©2024 County of Santa Clara. All rights reserved.