The Department of Employment and Benefit Services (DEBS) provides services that promote health, nutrition, safety, and well-being to Santa Clara County residents. Our mission is to ensure that low-income individuals and families receive necessary health, nutrition, financial and employment services.
Transition public assistance recipients to employment and eventual self-sufficiency and to ensure that low-income individuals and families receive necessary health, nutrition, financial and employment services.
Making a difference through people, service and performance.
- Ensure that basic needs are met through accurate and timely services.
- Assist job seekers in obtaining and retaining employment and empowering them with the tools, and skills to set and achieve their goals.
- Reduce the number of hungry children and adults by outreaching and conducting community-wide campaigns to make nutrition services more accessible and available.
- Increase well-being by promoting strategies to grow the number of eligible children and adults who receive health coverage.
- Promote various housing assistance programs to help eligible, low-income individuals move into permanent housing.