Dine-in and take-out meals are now available!
- Reduce hunger and food insecurity
- Support socialization
- Promote health and well-being
- Delay adverse health conditions
These goals are accomplished through the following services:
- Nutritious meals for all older adults
- Transportation benefits
- Wellness classes and workshops
- Opportunities to connect and meet new people
- Special programs for older adults confined to the home
In 2021, the Senior Nutrition Program served a total of 1,199,298 meals.
The Senior Nutrition Program (SNP) has served Santa Clara County since 1974, helping older adults live independently in the community of their choice.
SNP partners with cities and community-based organizations to provide meals and resources. These services are available in settings such as community centers and senior housing communities. Older adults who are confined to the home may also receive services through a meal delivery program.
Good nutrition is important for health, physical ability, and quality of life. It is an important part of home-based and community-based services for older people.
SNP is funded in part through the Older Americans Act Nutrition Program, which helps support nutrition services for older people throughout the country.