Support & Assistance to DFCS Resource Families
- Monthly financial reimbursement for each child/youth.
- Medi-Cal insurance coverage for each child/youth.
- Special Care Increment for children/youth with special needs.
- Childcare Assistance for working Resource Families.
- Respite Care Program. This service is for resource (foster) parents who need short-term care for up to 72 hours. Examples: family emergencies, work related issues or problems within the home. Each RFA family is allowed 200 hours annually.
Resource and Advocacy Support Services: Each RFA home will be assigned a Resource Family Home advocate when a child/youth is placed in a resource (foster) home. The advocate will provide support, access to resources, and address issues that may arise.