The County of Santa Clara offers the Mobility Management Program (MMP), plus see below for a list of other community transportation services available to older adults.
Mobility Management Program
Free rides to qualified, dining program attendees to access meal sites and get together with others.
Last year, MMP helped a total of 916 people make it to program dining sites.
There are different free ride options to qualified dining attendees:
- Monthly bus passes for 65 years of age or older
- Gas cards for 60 years of age or older
- Paratransit rides for 60 years of age or older with disabilities who cannot use bus and light rail transit service due to their physical, visual, or cognitive disabilities.
To qualify, you must:
- Live in Santa Clara County
- Complete a new Senior Nutrition Program (SNP) registration form
- Meet low-income based on the Elder Economic Security Index (EESI) for Santa Clara County
- Need the transportation to be able to attend the meal program
- Bus passes and gas cards are for regular dining site attendees
- Paratransit users must be cleared by the Santa Clara Valley Transportation Authority.
For more information, please see the application below.
Fill Out the Application Today
(Must bring to site manager for approval)
For more information on MMP, please visit a dining program and speak with a SNP site manager.
Community Transportation Services
Portuguese Organization for Social Services and Opportunities (POSSO) Escort Program
Ride Peninsula Volunteers Inc. (PVI)
Mountain View, Palo Alto, Santa Clara and Sunnyvale