Contact The Department of Family and Children's Services

The Santa Clara County Department of Family and Children's Services provides services to protect, prevent and remedy abuse and neglect of children while advancing child and family safety and well-being. ​​​​​

Mother and young daughter
Grandparents with granddaughter
Girls sitting on curb

General Information

DFCS Julian Campus Front Desk
(408) 501-6300

Damion Wright, Director

DFCS Contact List by Bureau

Child Abuse / Neglect Hotline
(408) 299-2071
(833) SCC-KIDS(722-5437)

Regional Offices

San Jose
Main Office (408) 501-6300
Family Services Center (408) 793-8800

South County – Gilroy
Main Number: (408) 758-3440

South County – San Martin
Main Number: (408) 846-5000


Resource Family Recruitment Line
(408) 299-KIDS (5437)

Presumptive Transfer Single Point of Contact
(408) 605-9444


Custodian of Records
To request confidential records (408) 501-6899

Transformation Team
General Information (408) 793-8930

The Transformation Team provides the Commercially Sexually Exploited Children (CSEC) services for at-risk and identified youth with either DFCS and Probation involvement. The Transformation Team is comprised of a Coordinator, Social Worker, Public Health Nurse, Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, and for probation youth an Occupational Therapists (for Probation clients), Probation Officer and Probation Supervisor.

Inquiries, Comments & Feedback:
Juvenile Welfare Office of the Ombudsman – (408) 993-4114

Complaint Process

Individuals with an issue or concern involving the Department of Family & Children’s Services

At DFCS, our intention is to incorporate the voices and choices of the families we serve.  Despite our best efforts, there may be times when you have a concern, question or disagreement with something and wish to discuss it further.   You have several options:

  • Many situations can be resolved by talking directly with your social worker openly about your matter.
  • If your situation remains unresolved, please consider discussing it with your social worker’s supervisor, division manager or bureau manager, in that order, if convenient. Each level of staff have different authority and you may not need to reach out to all of them before your matter is resolved.  Our staff may include their supervisor’s name in their emails to you or you can call 408-501-6300 to be transferred.
  • You may also contact the Program Audit, DFCS Complaint line, to discuss your concern by calling 408-501-6876. Program Audit staff are part of the DFCS Director's Office.  They are trained to work with you to informally resolve your concern and to investigate further if there is no informal path.

Ultimately, DFCS is here to help you succeed and we want to resolve your concerns in the best way that works for you.  If you have one, you may also contact your attorney at any time.

©2024 County of Santa Clara. All rights reserved.