Replace lost or damaged food with CalFresh Food

If food that you bought with CalFresh was damaged or lost in an emergency, you may be able to get extra benefits to replace it.

Request the replacement up to 10 days after one of these things happened:

  • Damaged in a fire, flood or other natural disaster, or
  • Power outage or fridge or freezer stopped working, or
  • Went bad after utilities got shut off, or
  • Food bought with CalFresh was lost in another way.

To file a claim, contact your County Worker directly or call 408-758-3800.



CalFresh Food Things to Know


Food Assistance

©2024 County of Santa Clara. All rights reserved.